Clips are short video clips of driving footage that are saved to your phone and your Nexar Cloud. Some clips are automatically created when the app detects dangerous events or collisions on the road. Additionally, you have the option to create a video clip manually as well.
We highly recommend to create a clip as soon as possible, as to ensure the video you need from your drive is saved and will be backed up in the cloud. The standard SD card of 32GB holds around 4.5 hours of footage, and if you have driven more than that you will not be able to create a clip as the footage will be overwritten.
How to save an important incident from a drive on your iPhone?
How to save an important incident from a drive on your Android phone?
Create a clip in 1080p quality
- Make sure you’re near the camera, that it’s powered on, and that WiFi is enabled on your smartphone (so that your phone is paired to the Nexar dash cam).
- Open the Nexar app and select a recent drive you’d like to save a full HD clip from
- Tap on the “Create Clip” button.
- Use the start and end markers on the timeline slide bar to select a section of the drive (up to 4 minutes)
- Once you’ve selected a section, tap the "Save" button. The clip will appear in full HD in your clips list and will upload to the cloud, this clip will have audio. You can also instantly share the clip.
Keep in mind
If you are having issues creating a clip in full HD mode, the drive might have already been overwritten in your SD card. The basic SD card of 32GB holds around 4.5 hours of footage and if you have already driven more than that you will not be able to create a clip.