How can I sign up for the Insurance Discount with Inshur?
In order to get the insurance discount you need to follow these steps:
- Sign up for the NYC pro drivers subscription via the Nexar app, click here to see how. You will need to purchase a Dashcam. You can do that here.
- Provide all your insurance information to Nexar (DMV license number, TLC license number, Insurance Provider, Policy Number, Insurance Broker, VIN).
How do I become eligible for this discount with Inshur?
Drive with Nexar at least 5 times. Each drive needs to be at least 10 minutes and 5 miles long, within one calendar month. As long as you keep driving with Nexar for more than 5 times, at least 10 minutes and 5 miles long each, you should be able to maintain your discount.
Please note with Inshur, you will receive the discount only after you complete this on a full calendar month.
What is Inshur's promotion?
- At the moment, Inshur is offering a promotion to new drivers who sign up or renew their insurance through the Inshur App (while the promotion is still active) that exempt you from monthly fees.
IMPORTANT: If you purchase a camera from the Inshur app and fail to install and use the dash cam within 30 days, the discount will be removed and you may be charged up to $400.
How do I enjoy Inshur's promotion?
You must purchase a new Nexar dash cam from Inshur. In order to receive the promotion, you must select the Nexar option while you are signing up for your Inshur policy (via the Inshur App). You must purchase a Nexar dash cam, install it, and log 5 drives per month using the dash cam and the Nexar app.
I already have a Nexar dash cam and I am insured with Inshur. Can I get the Insurance discount?
Yes, you can. However, you are not eligible for the promotion exempting you of the $9.99 monthly fees, but you are eligible to get the discount on your insurance.
To get the discount, you will need to:
- Log 5 drives (each being at least 10 minutes and 5 miles long) each month
- Make sure your insurance information is up-to-date. You can update it here.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask them to apply the discount
Are there monthly fees?
Yes. The monthly fee is $9.99 per month. However, when purchasing the Nexar dash-cam through the "Inshur" app (the promotion) there are no monthly fees.
I moved from American Transit/Hereford to Inshur. How do I get the discount?
To enjoy "Inshur's" discount you must do one of the following:
- Purchase a Dashcam when signing up to your "Inshur" Insurance. You will not be able to return your old Dashcam. However, you will not pay the monthly fee of $9.99
- Please contact us and let us know your new insurance details, so that we can change it on our end for you. You will continue to pay your monthly subscription.
How can I see how many hours I've driven with Nexar to know if I qualify for the discount?
- To see how many hours you’ve driven with Nexar, log in to your Nexar Cloud here.
Do I need to use the Nexar App to get an insurance discount or can I just use the Dashcam?
Yes! You need to use the Nexar App, not only because it keeps track of your driving time, letting us and your insurance company know when you become eligible for a discount, but it also provides powerful safety features like recording and capturing of dangerous events.
How do I get my Insurance Eligibility Certificate?
Please follow these step by step instructions:
1. Please go to the Nexar Dashboard
2. Click on "My Account"
3. Click on discount eligibility certificate to download your discount certificate
Once you’ve achieved eligibility, forward this certificate to your broker. From there, your liability insurance provider will work with your broker to apply the discount and handle the financials.
How do I become ineligible for my Insurance discount?
- If you have fewer than five rides per calendar month for two consecutive months, you will lose your discount
- If you drive less than five rides in a single month, you’re okay - there is a one month grace period
- You will also lose the discount if you get into a collision and do not provide the dash cam footage to Inshur
Can I go on vacation and still keep my discount?
- You are required to maintain your Insurance Company's required amount of hours driving with Nexar in order to maintain your discount, however, your insurance company allows you a one month grace period. So, if you go one month not making your hours, you will not lose your insurance discount.
- Please note: If you go two months in a row not making your hours, regardless of the reason, your insurance discount will be removed.
I’ve lost the discount and my insurance company sent me a bill, what is going on?
Nexar never removes your discount! However, if you lose your discount due to inactivity or low driving hours, insurance companies may charge you for the months that they gave you a discount but you were not eligible for that discount (for example, if you received a discount but drove below 5 rides that month). Talk to your broker about this issue and then to us via email at email@example.com, we’d be happy to help.