What is Nexar's Rideshare Protect Program?
This program is a Safe Driving package for professional drivers working within the NYC area (as well as other locations in the near future). For a monthly fee, drivers receive a discount on their TLC liability insurance. In addition, drivers receive a Nexar-ready dashcam, and the many practical benefits from the Nexar safety features, such as collision reports.
How can I sign up for the Insurance Discount with Inshur?
You can visit us at our office in the following address below to purchase a camera. Or, order it online by clicking this link. (Spaces: 31-00 47th Avenue, The Falchi Building, Suite 3100, NY 11101)
In order to be eligible for the insurance discount you need to follow these steps:
1. Sign up for the Rideshare Protect Program. We have two subscription plans you can choose from.
(Note, these prices are still subject to NYC tax)
2. Provide all your insurance information to Nexar by logging in to your Nexar app. Go to More > Insurance. Provide the following information.
- First Name
- Last Name
- TLC license number
- DMV license number
- The name and details of your Insurance Provider
- Your Insurance Policy number
How do I become eligible for this discount with Inshur?
- Drive with Nexar at least 5 times. Each drive needs to be at least 10 minutes and 5 miles long, within one calendar month. As long as you keep driving with Nexar for more than 5 times, at least 10 minutes and 5 miles long each, you should be able to maintain your discount.
- Please note with Inshur, you will receive the discount only after you complete this on a full calendar month.
- You will also need to pay a monthly fee of $9.99 per month unless you purchase the dash-cam through Inshur's promotion.
What is Inshur's promotion?
- At the moment, Inshur is offering a promotion to new drivers who sign up or renew their insurance through the Inshur App (while the promotion is still active) that exempt you from monthly fees.
IMPORTANT: If you purchase a camera from the Inshur app and fail to install and use the dash cam within 30 days, the discount will be removed and you may be charged up to $400.
How do I enjoy Inshur's promotion?
You must purchase a new Nexar dash cam from Inshur. In order to receive the promotion, you must select the Nexar option while you are signing up for your Inshur policy (via the Inshur App). You must purchase a Nexar dash cam, install it, and log 5 drives per month using the dash cam and the Nexar app.
I already have a Nexar dash cam and I am insured with Inshur. Can I get the Insurance discount?
- If you are under the Inshur promotion, yes.
- If not, you will need to sign up to the Rideshare Protect program.
To get the discount, you will need to:
- Log 5 drives (each being at least 10 minutes and 5 miles long) each month
- Make sure your insurance information is up-to-date. Contact us through your Nexar app so we can verify the accuracy of your insurance information.
- Email email@example.com to ask them to apply the discount
I moved from American Transit/Hereford to Inshur. How do I get the discount?
To enjoy "Inshur's" discount you must do one of the following:
- Purchase a Dashcam when signing up to your "Inshur" Insurance. You will not be able to return your old Dashcam. However, you will not pay the monthly fee of $9.99
- Please contact us and let us know your new insurance details, so that we can change it on our end for you. You will continue to pay your monthly subscription.
How can I see how many hours I've driven with Nexar to know if I qualify for the discount?
- Log into the Nexar Dashboard
- Click on 'My Rides'
- On the top right-hand side of your page, you can view the number of hours you've driven.
Do I need to use the Nexar App to get an insurance discount or can I just use the Dashcam?
Yes! You need to use the Nexar App, not only because it keeps track of your driving time, letting us and your insurance company know when you become eligible for a discount, but it also provides powerful safety features like recording and capturing of dangerous events.
How do I get my Insurance Eligibility Certificate?
Please follow these step by step instructions:
- Please go to the Nexar Dashboard
- Click on "My Account"
- Click on discount eligibility certificate to download your discount certificate
Once you’ve achieved eligibility, forward this certificate to Inshur through the email address, firstname.lastname@example.org. Attach the certificate to the email and make sure that you put your policy number on the subject line of your email.
How do I become ineligible for my Insurance discount?
- If you have fewer than five rides per calendar month for two consecutive months, you will lose your discount
- If you drive less than five rides in a single month, you’re okay - there is a one month grace period
- You will also lose the discount if you get into a collision and do not provide the dash cam footage to Inshur
Can I go on vacation and still keep my discount?
- You are required to maintain your Insurance Company's required amount of hours driving with Nexar in order to maintain your discount, however, your insurance company allows you a one month grace period. So, if you go one month without making your hours, you will not lose your insurance discount.
- Please note: If you go two months in a row not making your hours, regardless of the reason, your insurance discount will be removed.
I’ve lost the discount and my insurance company sent me a bill, what is going on?
Take note that Nexar is a Dashcam company. Not an Insurance company. Our part of this process is only to provide monitoring service of your drives should your insurance provider need it.It is at your insurance provider's discretion on how they would structure their fees.
If you lose your discount due to inactivity and have not maintained the required drives every month, your insurance company may remove your discount and charge you for the months you were no longer eligible. We advise that you consult this with your broker to get further details on the breakdown of the adjustments of your Insurance bill.