Click on the question you have to bring you to your answer:
- What comes in the box?
- Where and how do I mount the camera?
- Can I use my own charger and SD card?
- How can I hide the cables?
What comes in the box?
Where and how do I mount the camera?
Wherever you choose to stick the camera, make sure not to install it in a place that will interfere with the driver’s visibility or safety. Also, do not install the camera on or near where airbags may be present or go off. If you are uncertain of where your vehicle’s airbags are located, contact your vehicle’s manufacturer. Finally, do not install the camera on sun control film (i.e. window tint) to prevent any damage.
1. Hold the camera with the lens facing downwards, and insert micro SD card with metal pins facing upwards into the micro SD slot on the camera until you hear a click
2. Insert the holder into the holder slot on the camera and slide to lock in place
3. To turn the camera on and off, single tap the POWER button. Double tapping the POWER button might interrupt the camera’s WiFi connection
1. Connect the charging cable to the camera’s POWER port
2. Install the USB charger in your vehicle’s power socket
3. Connect the other end of the charging cable to the USB charger’s 1A socket
Follow these steps to install your interior dash cam:
Step 1 - Connect the interior-facing camera to your Nexar dash cam
Plug the cable on the interior-facing camera into the "rear" input of the Nexar dash cam.
Step 2 - Mount the interior-facing camera
Place the interior-facing camera next to the Nexar dash cam where it will have a good view of the inside your vehicle.
Step 3 - Start driving
You’re all set and ready to go. Both cameras automatically start recording after you begin driving. You won't see any indication on the interior-facing camera that it’s working. Just so you know, the infra-red lights of the interior-facing camera are triggered automatically at night and are invisible to the human eye.
Viewing the interior-facing camera's footage
For more details on the interior-facing camera please click here.
Can I use my own charger and SD card?
We recommend using the charger port provided as it has been tested with the dash cam. However, if you want to use your own charger, we recommend using chargers higher than 1amp.
Driving with cables dangling is unpleasant, but there’s a simple solution. Watch this tutorial to learn how to hide the cable in just a few minutes.
- Sit in the passenger seat
- With one hand, gently pull down part of the ceiling
- With your other hand, use two fingers or the installation tool to insert the cable behind the ceiling fabric - you can use the clips provided if you prefer
- Open the passenger-side door
- Insert the cable into the door’s seal from top to bottom
- Bring the cable behind the glove compartment
- Insert the remaining cable under the passenger-side floor mat
- Bring the cable as close to the power socket as possible, and connect the cable to the USB charger
Now, connect the camera to your personal phone.
To pair your dash cam to your iOS device click here
To pair your dash cam to your Android device click here
Why does the dash cam need to be connected to the phone?
Keep the camera connected to your phone to enjoy Nexar's powerful safety features including:
- Free collision reconstruction reports
- Automatic detection and recording of dangerous events (such as a hard brake)
- Unlimited video storage on the Nexar Cloud
- View and download videos from your device
- 24/7 Support (Nexar App>More>Help>Contact Us)