Click on a question to jump to the answer:
- Do I need to buy an SD card for my dash cam?
- What is the size of the SD card?
- What kind of SD cards are compatible with the camera?
- Can I use the Dashcam without the SD card?
- Do I need to delete videos from my SD card?
- Is there audio available in the SD card?
- How can I export videos from my SD card?
Do I need to buy an SD card for my dash cam?
Nope! A 32GB SD card is included when you order a Nexar dash cam
What is the size of the SD card?
The Dashcam's SD card has 32 GB. It can store approximately 4.5 hours of Drive footage.
What kind of SD cards are compatible with the camera?
Here is a list of compatible SD cards that have been tested and approved by our engineering team 64 GB (approximately 9 hours of footage):
- Samsung- PRO Endurance Model name: MB-MJ64GA/AM. Click here to purchase
- Transcend- Premium Model name: TS64GUSDU1. Click here to purchase
- Transcend- High Endurance Model name: TS64GUSDXC10V. Click here to purchase.
- Transcend- Premium TS128GUSDU1. Click here to purchase
- Transcend- High Endurance TS128GUSDXC10V. Click here to purchase
Can I use the Dashcam without the SD card?We highly advise against this! Removing the micro SD card while the Dashcam is ON could permanently damage your camera.
Do I need to delete videos from my SD card?
No. The Dashcam will automatically delete old rides off the SD card so you’ll always have space. So if you forgot to use the Nexar app, and need a recording from the camera’s SD card, make sure to take it off the SD card as soon as possible so it doesn’t get wiped off (but turn the camera OFF before removing the SD card, otherwise permanent damage may occur to your camera!).
Is there audio available in the SD card?Yes! Audio is saved to your SD card.
- Eject the SD card from your Dashcam by pushing the SD card insert in the upper part of the camera next to the “Power” button.
- Insert the SD card into an SD card reader (available for purchase in any electronics store or use the adapter received in the package and insert the SD card into your computer).
- A folder containing the videos on your SD card will show up - transfer all of the desired videos to the computer’s drive