Click on a question to jump to the answer:
- Who can use it and what is it?
- What do I need to do in order to set up the Auto Start and Stop feature?
- Will the Auto Start and Stop feature use up all my cellular data?
Who can use it and what is it?
Auto Start and Stop is a feature that tells your dash cam to automatically start and stop recording whenever you start or end your drive. At the moment, it can take up to four minutes for this feature to kick in. We're working on this.
If you have an iPhone or Android device with a connected Nexar dash cam,this feature is for you!
This feature is also available to iPhone users who are using the Nexar app to record with the iPhone’s built-in camera, as long as they’re connected to their car’s Bluetooth. This feature is not currently available to Android users.
What do I need to do in order to set up the Auto Start and Stop feature?
- Make sure that the WiFi in your iPhone/Android device is ON
- Go to your Nexar app and make sure that Auto start is ON (Nexar > More > Settings > Auto start-stop) Can't enable this option? This means your app isn’t paired with your dash cam. Click here to see how to pair the Nexar dash cam to your Android device or here to pair it to your iOS device.
- Enable the external camera (Nexar >More > Settings > External camera > make sure that “Record with external camera” is on). Don't see this option? This means your dash cam isn’t paired. Click on the relevant link above to pair it to your personal device.
- Enable location services: for iPhone, make sure your location services are set to “Always” (Settings > Nexar > Location: Always), also please make sure that motion & fitness are enabled in your iPhone settings. For Android, check that location services are set to “High accuracy” (Settings > Connections > Location: High accuracy).
We recommend connecting to your car's Bluetooth and have Bluetooth on when you start driving, it will help activate this feature.
Note: Auto Start won’t necessarily happen if you open the app when you start driving. The app should be in the background (not in front of you when you start driving) This feature can take up to 4 minutes to kick in.
If you start driving while connected to a nearby WiFi network, don't worry - just start driving. Your dash cam will connect once you’ve driven away from that home network.
Will the Auto Start and Stop feature use up all my cellular data?
Nope! And if it does, let us know.
To confirm that the feature is working, look for the blue bar (in iPhone) or the Nexar logo/”N” sign (in Android) at the top of the screen, they’ll appear when you’re driving: