Click on a question to jump to the answer:
- Who can use it and what is it?
- How to enable auto-start on an iOS device
- How to enable auto-start on an Android device
- Will the Automatic Recording feature use up all my cellular data?
Who can use it and what is it?
Automatic recording is a feature that tells your dash cam to automatically start and stop recording whenever you start or end your drive.
If you have an iPhone or Android device with a connected Nexar dash cam, this feature is for you!
This feature is also available to iPhone users who are using the Nexar app to record with the iPhone’s built-in camera, as long as they’re connected to their car’s Bluetooth. This feature is not currently available to Android users.
How to enable automatic recording on an iOS device
Please note the following:
1) Your camera needs to be nearby and connected to a power source
2) Bluetooth pairing is compatible only with select Nexar dash cams
If you start driving while connected to a nearby WiFi network, don't worry - just start driving. Your dash cam will connect once you’ve driven away from that home network.
How to enable auto-start on an Android device
Will the Automatic Recording feature use up all my cellular data?
Nope! And if it does, let us know.