Click on the question you have to bring you to your answer:
- How can I sign up for the Insurance Discount with American Transit?
- How do I become eligible for this discount with American Transit?
- In which cases will I lose my insurance discount?
- Are there monthly fees?
- I moved to American Transit from Inshur/Hereford how do I get the discount?
- How can I see how many hours I've driven with Nexar to know if I qualify for the discount?
- Do I need to use the Nexar App to get an insurance discount or can I just use the Dashcam?
- How do I get my Insurance Eligibility certificate?
- Can I go on vacation and still keep my discount?
How can I sign up for the Insurance Discount with American Transit?
You can sign up through the Nexar app easily and quickly read about it here. Alternatively, you can visit us at our office. The Falchi building, 31-00 47th Ave.Long Island City, NY. Our offices are open Monday-Saturday, 10am-5pm.
In order to be eligible for the insurance discount you need to follow these steps:
- Sign up for the NYC pro drivers subscription here and make sure your payment is up to date. You will need to purchase a Dashcam. You can do that here.
- Provide all your insurance information to Nexar (DMV license number, TLC license number, Insurance Provider, Policy Number, Insurance Broker, VIN).
- Complete 100 hours of driving in a full calendar month
For example: if you started using Nexar on March 14th, your first calendar month will begin on April 1st, and you will become eligible for the discount - if you meet the 100 hours requirement on May 1st.
How do I become eligible for this discount with American Transit?
- Drive with Nexar for more than 100 hours per month every month. As long as you keep driving with Nexar for more than 100 hours you should be able to maintain your discount.
- Please note: With American Transit you will receive the discount only after you complete 100 hours on a full calendar month.
In which cases will I lose my insurance discount?
Your insurance discount is applied by American Transit under their own discretion, based on your eligibility with the Nexar service.
American Transit might remove your discount or not apply your discount due to one or more of the following reasons:
1. You have logged less than 100 hours in a full calendar month.
2. Your insurance information is wrong (you can check your insurance information here.
3. There is another registered driver on the policy however you only informed Nexar about one.
4. You were involved in a collision and didn’t provide the video of your collision to American Transit.
5. You have a fleet policy starting with the letters CAP
6. Your Nexar monthly bill is past due
Have any issues or need to update some information? Send an email to email@example.com, we’d be happy to help!
Are there monthly fees?
Yes. The monthly fee is $8.99 per month.
I moved to American Transit from Inshur/Hereford
To enjoy the discount with "American Transit" you need to do the following:
- Let us know your new insurance details at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we will make the change for you. You will continue to pay your monthly subscription.
- Make sure your payment is up to date (if you were previously exempt from monthly fees with Inshur, you will need to set up a subscription plan)
How can I see how many hours I've driven with Nexar to know if I qualify for the discount?
- To see how many hours you’ve driven with Nexar, log in to your Nexar Cloud here.
Do I need to use the Nexar App to get an insurance discount or can I just use the Dashcam?
Yes! You need to use the Nexar App, not only because it keeps track of your driving time, letting us and your insurance company know when you become eligible for a discount, but it also provides powerful safety features like recording and capturing of dangerous events.
How do I get my Insurance Eligibility Certificate?
Please follow these step by step instructions:
1. Please go to the Nexar Cloud
2. Click on "My Account"
3. Click on discount eligibility certificate to download your discount certificate
Once you’ve achieved eligibility, forward this certificate to your broker. From there, your liability insurance provider will work with your broker to apply the discount and handle the financials.
Can I go on vacation and still keep my discount?
- You are required to maintain your Insurance Company's required amount of hours driving with Nexar in order to maintain your discount, however, your insurance company allows you a one month grace period. So, if you go one month not making your hours, you will not lose your insurance discount. However, if you have fewer than 100 hours driving with Nexar for two consecutive months your Insurance Company may remove your discount and charge you for the months you were ineligible for the discount.
- Please note: If you go two months in a row not making your hours, regardless of the reason, your insurance discount will be removed.