Click on the question you have to bring you to your answer:
- How can I sign up for the Insurance Discount with Hereford?
- How do I become eligible for this discount with Hereford?
- Are there monthly fees?
- I moved to Hereford from Inshur/American Transit. How do I get the discount?
- How can I see how many hours I've driven with Nexar to know if I qualify for the discount?
- Do I need to use the Nexar App to get an insurance discount or can I just use the Dashcam?
- How do I get my Insurance Eligibility certificate?
- How do I become ineligible for my Insurance Discount?
- Can I go on vacation and still keep my discount?
- I’ve lost the discount and my insurance company sent me a bill, what is going on?
How can I sign up for the Insurance Discount with Hereford?
You can sign up through the Nexar app easily and quickly read about it here. Alternatively, you can visit us at our office. The Falchi building, 31-00 47th Ave.Long Island City, NY. Our offices are open Monday-Saturday, 10am-5pm.
In order to be eligible for the insurance discount you need to follow these steps:
- Sign up for the NYC pro drivers subscription inside the Nexar app, tap here and make sure your payment is up to date. You will need to purchase a Dashcam. You can do that here.
- Provide all your insurance information to Nexar in the email you will receive once subscribing (DMV license number, TLC license number, Insurance Provider, Policy Number, Insurance Broker, VIN).
- Complete 50 hours of driving in a full calendar month
For example: if you started using Nexar on March 14th, your first calendar month will begin on April 1st, and you will become eligible for the discount - if you meet the 100 hours requirement on May 1st.
How do I become eligible for this discount with Hereford?
- Drive with Nexar for more than 50 hours per month every month. As long as you keep driving with Nexar for more than 50 hours you should be able to maintain your discount.
- Provide accurate insurance information. If you have a second driver on the policy, be sure to let us know and provide his information
- Please note with Hereford, you will receive the discount only after you complete 50 hours on a full calendar month.
For example: if you started using Nexar on March 14th, your first calendar month will begin on April 1st, and you will become eligible for the discount - if you meet the 50 hours requirement on May 1st.
I moved to Hereford from American Transit/Inshur. How do I get the discount?
To enjoy "Hereford's" discount you need to do the following:
Let us know your new insurance details at email@example.com so that we will make the change for you. You will continue to pay your monthly subscription.
- Make sure your payment is up to date (if you were previously exempt from monthly fees with Inshur, you will need to set up a subscription plan)
How can I see how many hours I've driven with Nexar to know if I qualify for the discount?
- To see how many hours you’ve driven with Nexar, log in to your Nexar Cloud here.
Do I need to use the Nexar App to get an insurance discount or can I just use the Dashcam?
Yes! You need to use the Nexar App, not only because it keeps track of your driving time, letting us and your insurance company know when you become eligible for a discount, but it also provides powerful safety features like recording and capturing of dangerous events.
How do I get my Insurance Eligibility Certificate?
Please follow these step by step instructions:
1. Please go to the Nexar Cloud
2. Click on "My Account"
3. Click on discount eligibility certificate to download your discount certificate
Once you’ve achieved eligibility, forward this certificate to your broker. From there, your liability insurance provider will work with your broker to apply the discount and handle the financials.
How do I become ineligible for my Insurance discount?
- If you have fewer than 50 hours of driving with Nexar for two consecutive months your insurance company may remove your discount and charge you for the months you were ineligible for the discount.
- If you drove less than 50 hours in a single month, you’re okay - there is a one month grace period
- If your monthly payment for the Nexar subscription is passed due
- If your insurance information isn't accurate
Can I go on vacation and still keep my discount?
- You are required to maintain your Insurance Company's required amount of hours driving with Nexar in order to maintain your discount, however, your insurance company allows you a one month grace period. So, if you go one month not making your hours, you will not lose your insurance discount.
- Please note: If you go two months in a row not making your hours, regardless of the reason, your insurance discount will be removed.
I’ve lost the discount and my insurance company sent me a bill, what is going on?
Nexar never removes your discount! However, if you lose your discount due to inactivity or low driving hours, insurance companies may charge you for the months that they gave you a discount but you were not eligible for that discount (for example, if you received a discount but drove below 50 hours that month). Talk to your broker about this issue and then to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, we’d be happy to help.