What is Nexar's Rideshare Protect Program?
This program is a Safe Driving package for professional drivers working within the NYC area (as well as other locations in the near future). For a monthly fee, drivers receive a discount on their TLC liability insurance. In addition, drivers receive a Nexar-ready dashcam, and the many practical benefits from the Nexar safety features, such as collision reports.
How can I sign up for the Insurance Discount with Hereford?
You can visit us at our office at the following address below to purchase a camera or order it online by clicking this link. (Spaces, 31-00 47th Avenue, The Falchi Building, Suite 3100, NY 11101)
In order to be eligible for the insurance discount you need to follow these steps:
1. Sign up for the Rideshare Protect Program.
2. We have two subscription plans you can choose from:
Note: these prices are still subject to NYC tax.
3. Provide all your insurance information to Nexar by logging in to your Nexar app.
Go to More > Insurance. Provide the following information.
- First Name
- Last Name
- TLC license number
- DMV license number
- The name and details of your Insurance Provider
- Your Insurance Policy number
- Complete 3 drives over 5 miles in a full calendar month.
How do I become eligible for this discount with Hereford?
- Drive with the Nexar app and dash cam and complete 3 drives over 5 miles in a full calendar month. As long as you keep driving with Nexar and complete 3 drives over 5 miles in a full calendar month, you should be able to maintain your discount.
- Provide accurate insurance information. If you have a second driver on the policy, be sure to let us know and provide his information
I moved to Hereford from American Transit/Inshur. How do I get the discount?
To enjoy "Hereford's" discount you need to do the following:
- Please contact us by logging in to your Nexar app. Go to More > Contact Us so one of our representatives will be able to assist you in updating your Nexar account with your Hereford insurance information. You will continue to pay your monthly subscription.
- Make sure your payment is up to date (if you were previously exempt from monthly fees with Inshur, you will need to set up a subscription plan)
How can I see how many hours I've driven with Nexar to know if I qualify for the discount?
To see how many hours you’ve driven with Nexar, follow the steps below.
- Log into the Nexar Dashboard
- Click on 'My Rides'
- On the top right-hand side of your page, you can view the number of hours you've driven.
Do I need to use the Nexar App to get an insurance discount or can I just use the Dashcam?
Yes! You need to use the Nexar App, not only because it keeps track of your driving time, letting us and your insurance company know when you become eligible for a discount, but it also provides powerful safety features like recording and capturing of dangerous events.
How do I get my Insurance Eligibility Certificate?
Please follow these step by step instructions:
- Please go to the Nexar Cloud
- Click on "My Account"
- Click on discount eligibility certificate to download your discount certificate
Please note: Eligibility Certificates can only be generated once you become eligible.
Once you’ve achieved eligibility, forward this certificate to your broker. From there, your liability insurance provider will work with your broker to apply the discount and handle the financials.
How do I become ineligible for my Insurance discount?
- If you have not completed 3 drives over 5 miles in a full calendar month for two consecutive months your insurance company may remove your discount and charge you for the months you were ineligible for the discount.
- If your monthly payment for the Nexar subscription is past due.
- If your insurance information isn't accurate.
Can I go on vacation and still keep my discount?
- As mandated by your Insurance Provider, you are required to maintain 3 drives over 5 miles in a full calendar month with Nexar in order to maintain your discount. However, your insurance company allows you a one-month grace period. So, if you go one month not making your drives, you will not lose your insurance discount.
- Please note: If you go two months in a row not making your drives, regardless of the reason, your insurance discount will be removed.
I’ve lost the discount and my insurance company sent me a bill, what is going on?
Take note that Nexar is a Dashcam company. Not an Insurance company. Our part of this process is only to provide monitoring service of your drives should your insurance provider need it.It is at your insurance provider's discretion on how they would structure their fees.
If you lose your discount due to inactivity and have not maintained the required drives every month, your insurance company may remove your discount and charge you for the months you were no longer eligible. We advise that you consult this with your broker to get further details on the breakdown of the adjustments of your Insurance bill.