Understand what Nexar Connect is and how it can enhance your Nexar One experience.
Nexar Connect allows you to connect with your Nexar One dash cam even when you’re not next to it. With the Nexar Connect subscription, you can rest easy knowing that you have eyes on the road and inside your car whenever you need it, wherever you may be.
Nexar Connect allows you to:
- Track your car's live location on a map
- Remotely connect to your camera and stream video anytime and anywhere
- Live stream the road camera view from your Nexar app if something happens to your car while parked
- Know that your emergency contacts will get an alert and a live stream when something happens
- Backup important clips to the cloud
Activating your Nexar Connect subscription
Before anything else:
- Make sure that you are near your dash cam and connected.
- You should have the +Connectivity add-on already attached to your Nexar One dash cam.
If you don’t have one yet, you can purchase one and activate your Nexar Connect account later.
Then, proceed to the following steps.
- Go to the MyNexar portal
- Enter the phone number that you use to log in to your Nexar app account
- Enter the 6-digit SMS verification code that is sent to your phone
- Choose the +Connectivity subscription you wish to activate
- Enter your personal and credit card information
- Once done, you will be redirected back to the Nexar app
Can't activate your Nexar Connect subscription?
Here's what you need to do:
- Turn off the dash cam
- Disconnect the LTE add-on
- Re-connect the LTE add-on on the right side
- Power on the dash cam and try subscribe again
Still having trouble? Contact support via the in-app chat in More > Help > Contact Us.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I move the add-ons from one camera to another?
Yes, you can. However, you won’t have Nexar Connect-related features like Live Location, Emergency Mode, or Remote Streaming on the dash cam that doesn’t have the +Connectivity add-on attached.
Ideally, we recommend getting one +Connectivity add-on for each Nexar One dash cam so you can live stream from each vehicle.
Can I cancel my subscription at any time?
Yes. You can manage your Nexar Connect account by logging in to your MyNexar portal. Edit subscription details > scroll down > click "Cancel subscription" > select the reason for cancelling > click "Cancel"