Understand what Nexar Connect is and how it can enhance your Nexar One experience. Learn more about Live streaming your Nexar One.
What's in this article?
- Activating your Nexar Connect subscription
- Can't connect your Nexar Connect subscription
- Live Stream troubleshooting
- Frequently asked questions
Nexar Connect allows you to connect with your Nexar One dash cam even when you’re not next to it.
This gives your Nexar One added features such as:
- Track your car's live location on a map
- Remotely connect to your Nexar One and stream video anytime and anywhere
- Live stream the road camera view from your Nexar app if something happens to your car while parked
- Know that your emergency contacts will get an alert and a live stream when something happens
- Backup important clips to the cloud
Activating your Nexar Connect subscription
Before anything else:
- Make sure that you are near your Nexar One and connected.
- You should have the +Connectivity add-on already attached to your Nexar One dash cam.
If you don’t have a +Connectivity add-on, you can purchase one and activate your Nexar Connect account later.
Then, proceed to the following steps.
- Go to the MyNexar portal
- Enter the phone number that you use to log in to your Nexar app account
- Enter the 6-digit SMS verification code that is sent to your phone
- Choose the +Connectivity subscription you wish to activate
- Enter your personal and credit card information
- Once done, you will be redirected back to the Nexar app
Can't activate your Nexar Connect subscription?
Here's what you need to do:
- Turn off the Nexar One
- Disconnect the +Connectivity add-on
- Re-connect the +Connectivity add-on on the right side of the Nexar One logo
- Power on the Nexar One and try subscribing again
Live Stream troubleshooting
The Live Stream button will be shown when you are not connected to the Nexar One, over WiFi and Bluetooth, and if you have a +Connectivity add-on with an active Nexar Connect subscription.
Clicking the Live button wakes up your Nexar One and allows you to stream while the car is parked and the dash cam is off.
We recommend checking the following first before trying to use the remote stream feature:
Nexar One has been charged for at least 20 minutes
- Nexar One is connected to power using all the Nexar-provided accessories
Your Nexar Connect subscription is active. You can check this from the Nexar App > More > Account.
Your phone is connected to a stable WIFI or cellular data connection
Your car is parked in a location with good cellular reception
After that, do the following to refresh the +Connectivity add-on:
Disconnect the Nexar One from the power source and wait until the light on the dash cam turns off
Detach and reattach the +Connectivity add-on to the right side of Nexar One
Plug the Nexar One to its power source
After refreshing the Connectivity add-on, follow these next steps:
Temporarily disable your phone's WiFi and Bluetooth settings
Enable your phone's cellular data
Open the Nexar app and tap on Live
The remote stream may take up to a minute and a half to load
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I move the add-ons from one Nexar One dash cam to another?
Yes, you can. However, you won’t have Nexar Connect-related features like Live Location, Emergency Mode, or Remote Streaming on the Nexar One that doesn’t have the +Connectivity add-on attached.
Ideally, we recommend getting one +Connectivity add-on for each Nexar One dash cam so you can live stream from each vehicle.
Can I cancel my subscription at any time?