With 4K resolution and our best technology, you can drive protected with Nexar One. Recording angles of 140° outside and 160° inside, Nexar One sees it all. Even when it's too bright, or at night, you always see exactly what's going on.
Recording 4K videos
4K Resolution produces Ultra-High Definition videos that allow you to see the smallest details such as license plate numbers, day or night, which is critical if you need evidence in case of incidents and even beautiful sunset.
Set up 4K recording quality
By default, the Nexar One dash cam records and streams videos to your phone in Full HD 1080p. If you want your Nexar One to record in 4K quality, simply follow these steps:
- Connect your Nexar one to a power source and enable Bluetooth and WIFI
- Open your Nexar app and wait until the phone connects to your Nexar One
- Go to More > Dash cam > Recording quality > toggle on 4K
- The Nexar One will automatically record your next drives in 4K to the internal memory
Please note, that recording in 4K resolution will use 4 times as much storage in your Nexar One. Recording a 1-minute of video at 1080p uses 100MB of storage while the same clip at 4K uses about 300MB of storage in the Nexar app and your Nexar One's internal memory.
Additionally, the 4K quality configuration in the Nexar One downgrades the video streaming (caching) quality to 720p. 1080p quality will keep the video streaming (caching) quality at 1080p as well, which is our recommended setting.
Viewing 4K videos
In case you configured your Nexar One to record in 4K quality, the footage will be saved on Nexar One’s internal memory in 4K. To retrieve the 4K video in the Nexar app, you will need to create a clip while you are nearby and connected to Nexar One's network over WiFi and Bluetooth.
Follow the steps below to create a 4K clip from the Nexar One to the Nexar app:
- Connect your Nexar One to a power source
- The blue led indicator light should be solid
- Make sure your WiFi and Bluetooth are enabled
- Open the Nexar app and pick the relevant drive
- Press the Save to cloud button, 4K label will be shown
- Trim and save the clip
After clicking the Save clip button, you will be directed to the Videos tab and see the progress of the video file transfer. Wait until the video file transfer is complete.
When the video is successfully transferred to the Nexar app, you will be able to see it as a Clip in the Videos tab.